Saturday, May 8, 2010

home is where the heart is









Sorry for the lack of posts lately; I have been focusing more on my home decor so I thought I would share some photos. I recently bought a new dining table and decided that I wanted a group of mismatched eclectic chairs to go with it. I got my first chair from freecycle, one with a beautiful sturdy frame but needed a lot of work--perfect! I painted it black and reupholstered it with a piece of a sheet from Urban Outfitters. I love the damask print of the sheet and have plenty left to make a runner, more seat cushions, and a couple throw pillows :) I only wish I had taken a before pic to show you how easy it is to take a chair with paint splattering, a torn seat, and obvious time in a garage and make it pretty again. I also decided to take the plunge and put black paint on my walls *gasp*, but it was totally worth it as it pefectly frames my black fireplace now. I was also in the mood to paint. It's been a while since I've felt inspired enough. These are obviously informed by one of my favorite female artists: georia o'keefe. Email me if you are interested in buying one or the whole group. Stay tuned for more paintings :)