Thursday, December 20, 2012

hypercolor!








I have been dying my hair with Manic Panic semi-permanent hair dyes for about a year now and I love having colored hair. This is no longer a punk kid, haute couture, or fashion blogger trend. Ombre, dip-dyed, and streaked rainbow colored hair is everywhere, from Heidi Klum to Christina Aguilera. For those that don't want to make the commitment to a color that will take over 2 weeks to wash out, there's a new hair powder that I got to try from Anastasia Beverly Hills called Hypercolor. It was really easy to apply (see directions below) and the colors looked great, even brighter than I expected. It comes in 5 colors: pink, purple, blue, turquoise, and green; each sold separately. The hot pink was my favorite and had the best color payoff in my opinion. Make sure  you use gloves and a towel like they suggest otherwise this stuff can get everywhere. I tried it after putting some Josie Maran Argan Hair Oil in my hair and it stuck perfectly. A decent amount of hair spray sealed it on. It washed out completely with one shampoo. I would definitely recommend trying this over the DIY chalk option. Hypercolor Hair and Brow Powder from Anastasia will be available at Ulta Dec. 26th. In my hair, I have the used the Hypercolor In the Pink and Megawatt Green. The purple is the Ultra Violet from Manic Panic I've had in for a month or so. Part II of this post with outfit coming soon.