Saturday, February 27, 2010

a man's world







I bought this coat from the womens section of my thrift store a while back. It was missing some buttons but with some careful button rearranging of the ones that were left, it looks fine now. I love the tons of pockets and epaulettes and herringbone weave on it. It also has a drawstring at the waist to create a more cinched look. I didn't really think about the name tag but I looked at it again and realized it's by Shades of Greige. Funny because it's a trendy menswear company (maybe that's why I was attracted to it!). I love menswear stuff for its utilitarian look. Maybe that's why my new glasses are also technically Prada men's too. They are bigger and boxier than all the womens I found. My boyfriend was also wearing a great thrifted herringbone jacket...which I might have to borrow.

Today's list: thrifted shades of griege coat, theory harem pants, alternative apparel tank, frye boots, balenciaga sunglasses, balenciaga 02 caramel flat brass first