Thursday, May 29, 2014

May Bergdorf Goodman GLOSSYBOX



This box was such a phenomenal value I couldn't resist getting two. If you are a current subscriber, you have the opportunity to buy an additional gift box for a reduced price each month without starting another whole account. The $25 Bergdorf gift cards basically made these boxes free since I redeemed them for products I would have purchased anyways. They were real gift cards too with no required purchase amount and they were allowed to be combined in a single purchase.

The items I received are of super high value too considering that the Revive Intensite Volumizing Serum is $350 for the full size .5 oz. We received .1 oz in our boxes. In addition, I received a second eye product which seemed a little silly, I would have preferred another makeup item like that Kevin Aucoin mascara some subscribers got...The Lancer Eye Contour Lifting Cream is a full size $95 for .5 oz. We received .17 oz sample size. I also got Alterna's Caviar CC Cream that boasts 10 benefits for hair in one step. The Atelier Rose Anonyme Cologne Absolute seems to have been included for everyone.  It is AMAZING.  It reminds me of Balenciaga Florabotanica but this rose has a better dry down. It is a little spicier with the ginger element but also deep and warm from the oud, patchouli,  and incense.  It has an understated exotic quality that is so appealing to me. I got yet another primer in this box. I swear I have 20 primer samples hanging around from subscription boxes and sephora samples. This one is from Napoleon Perdis so I might end up trying it out to see if the brand's price reflects it's quality. Full size of the Auto Pilot Pre-foundation Skin Primer is $45 full size for 1.7oz. We received a sample size with .5oz. Lastly, I got the teeniest little Chantecaille Luminius Gloss sample which is full size $34 for .26oz. The sample tube is .05oz. It's pretty average to be honest, but the tiny tube is perfect for those little going-out clutches or wristlets that fit barely more than my phone. Overall, this box is the best value regular monthly box I've gotten from Glossybox.  Only the limited edition La Prairie box beats it for value. Glossyboxes collaboration boxes like with Byrdie.com seem to be home runs everytime.  A+++